Jack’s recent random robot generator post reminded me of another free generator that I had been meaning to blog about. You can find a PDF of it here:
I don’t remember originally how I came across this. It’s a “roll all the dice” system. I am coming to greatly appreciate the convenience of this format.
|Image from Space Detective #2
Here is a sample robot.
HD 8, AC as plate, Atk 2d6 or restrain
This model is unique and was designed to serve as an escort. In appearance, the robot is a 12 foot tall metal construct that is vaguely humanoid. Instead of a head, it has a large round featureless dome which seems to grow out of what would be the shoulders on a human. The robot’s normal attack mode is a powerful smash with its metal arms that does 2d6 damage and may optionally push or throw human-sized enemies up to 20 feet in addition to dealing damage. The chest plate also opens, revealing 6 metal tentacles which have a range of ten feet and can grab and restrain a target on a successful melee attack.
Mission (roll 1d6):
- Collector: designed to gather specimens for the mothership
- Jailor: designed to transport prisoners to the mothership (chest cavity is prison)
- Protector: designed to defend alien explorers (robot is almost like exoskeleton)
- Excavator: designed to explore the underworld; knows 1d3 interesting locations
- Maintainer: recovers and repairs other robots (chest cavity is repair chamber)
- Autopsier: chest cavity contains other tools for automated analysis and autopsy