Here is a super-simple class inspired by the Carcosa psionics system.
- Hit die: d6
- Level advancement: as cleric
- Base attack bonus: as thief
- Power uses per day: level / 2 (round up)
- May also pay 1d6 HP to use a power
- Only surprised by sentient beings on a 1 in 6
- Weapons: any
- May not use psionic powers if wearing a helmet
Each level, roll for (or select, you cheater) a new psionic talent (re-roll dups):
- Mental Blast
- Mind Control
Consult the Carcosa book for power descriptions (or use appropriate magic-user spells).
More thoughts on the entirety of the new Carcosa book coming soon.
Very nice Brendan, I like this A LOT.
I concur; this is a really good psion class. If my group ends up disliking the Carcosa psionics as-is, we’ll give this a go. Thanks!
Thanks! If you end up using it, I would love to hear how it goes.