Baseline rules are S&W Complete.
- All classes in S&W Complete available
- Theorems & Thaumaturgy classes (elementalist, necromancer, vivimancer) available
- Clerics renamed Demon Hunters and use the LotFP cleric spells
- 3d6 six times for ability scores
- No class ability score requirements
- No mods (bonus to AC, attack rolls, HP, etc) from ability scores
- Magic-users use the Dying Earth spells
- Class HD adjusted: d4 increased to d6, fighter HD is d10
- No weapon restrictions, weapon damage = class HD
- Spells learned only on level up (odd: random, even: pick)
- Spell casting classes begin with 3 spells (no preparation, each may be cast)
- Modified assassin class (d8 HD, poison-craft rules)
- Starting background & equipment from Warhammer 1E (roll 1d100) + 1d6 SP
- Silver standard for XP, prices remain as S&W Complete
- XP will also be earned for defeating chaotic monsters
- Save or die at 0 HP (success = unconsciousness)
- Carrying capacity (equipment slots) = strength score
- Equipment takes wear when rolling <= quality (default quality = 3)
- Level limit = 10 (or lower for demi-humans, as per the rulebook)
- Armor beyond class standards imposes penalties to all physical rolls
- Enchanted equipment does not grant bonuses to rolls (but deals magic damage)
- To recover, take a downtime action in a safe place and re-roll all HD.
Physical rolls include attacks, physical ability checks, and physical saving throws.
Encumbrance will be super strict and simple. Yes one torch or one dagger takes a slot (same as a spear or greatsword).
I will likely tweak the stranger classes a bit, so be prepared for that (for example, no dumb shit like rangers getting 2 hit dice at level 1), but I don’t want to clutter up the main list of house rules (which is happily short right now) with that stuff.
Level 1 Demon Hunter Spells
- Cure Light Wounds*
- Detect Evil*
- Invisibility to Undead*
- Protection from Evil*
- Purify Food & Drink*
- Remove Fear*
- Turn Undead
Check the revised Lamentations rules for descriptions.
- 2013-12-17 edit: added recovery rule.
- 2013-12-20 edit: modified cleric spell total, link to assassin class