|Image from here|
Unfortunately, the Planet Stories pulp revival line is being discontinued. I suspect that this is because, despite a resurgence of interest in many aspects of the early hobby, and coverage by such popular blogs as Grognardia, enthusiasm for early pulp stories is still a relatively small niche (excepting the titans of the genre such as Howard and Lovecraft, who have made their way into pop culture).
The upside for those of us that are interested in pulp fantasy is that almost all of the Planet Stories books have been included in the Paizo ten year anniversary sale. The sale is described as month long, but I’m not sure when it ends. It still seems to be active as of this writing. Thanks to Jeremy from People Them With Monsters for originally bringing this to my attention.
Cole from Abraxas, who has yet to lead me wrong in terms of recommendations, suggested the following titles:
- Leigh Brackett – The Ginger Star (Skaith book 1)
- Leigh Brackett – The Hounds of Skaith (Skaith book 2)
- Leigh Brackett – The Reavers of Skaith (Skaith book 3)
- Leigh Brackett – The Secret of Sinharat
- Robert Howard – Almuric
- Henry Kuttner – The Dark World
- Henry Kuttner – Elak of Atlantis
- A. Merritt – The Ship of Ishtar
- C. L. Moore – Black God’s Kiss