- There are two commonly known frontier outposts, Thistle Hold, commonly known as Beacon after the 300 foot tower topped with a constantly stoked bonfire, and Moors, a newer shantytown established by itinerants about a day’s travel from Beacon.
- Citizenship in Beacon is a luxury. Non-citizen workers live outside the palisades and must leave by dusk. Invitations from established citizens or purchased credentials allow visitors to remain within.
- Moors is much smaller than Beacon, mostly made up of tents, and is reputed to be much more dangerous.
- Both border the great primordial forest Davokar. The forest shrouds the ruins of the ancient empire Symbaroum.
- Barbarian custom and law forbids venturing more than several days into the forest. The exact taboo varies from tribe to tribe. Adventurers on the frontier take this restriction with various degrees of seriousness.
- You begin at the Broken Spokes coach house, with roads going to both Moors and Beacon.
Hooks, common local traveller knowledge:
- The patron of Moors, House Erebus, is hiring small mercenary companies as privateers.
- The Ordo Magica outpost in Beacon seeks certain artifacts and information from Davokar.
- Local rangers from Beacon have discovered ruins which require special talents to navigate. Inquire at Beacon’s barracks.